Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Dear John Letter to the Green-Eyed Monster

Dear Greenie,

I write to you today with a heavy heart. For today, my fair Greenie, after all this time together, we must part ways.

You've been there for me through even the most sane moments of my life, and have always been the one who was so willing to turn everything on its head. You were there when I least expected you, as if to add the last word to an already completed sentence. You were there for my tornadoes of emotion, and have become synonymous with that hot feeling that spreads from my neck to my face during my fits of illogical rage and bursts of unnecessary panic. Your appreciation for the beauty of these moments will not soon be forgotten.

I don't think you're a monster, Greenie. I never have. I think you're raw and uncomplicated; beautiful in your own right. I think you're misunderstood, like most that are deemed monsters. But while I appreciate what we've shared, I must tell you that it is over between us. I need to move on and know a life without you in it. For now, it will be hard. But, Greenie, I know there are others out there who need you. And with time, I know you'll be just fine.

With Kindest Regards,
Magen
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment